Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm no fOoL!

First off, HaPpY foOls daY! 
Hope you're all enjoying your day of tricks, and remembering to watch your back :)



I pity da foOl today.
Alright, I haven't really got any new tricks up my sleeve to tell you about, so I had to go and borrow some. 
Have you seen the Pleated Poppy's handbag redo yet? 

Now, I'm no foOl. 
I know a good idea when I see one, and I know when it is absolutely necessary to steal these good ideas.
So that's exactly what I did.
I picked myself up a bag at ON.


Went through my scraps.


Made me a ruffle.


And a few flowers.






And ended up with this.  (I made all my flowers pins so they are interchangeable/mix and match...fiCkLe)




Even blinged up the coin purse a bit.


This one is fOoL pRoOf.  Really, easy.  And fun.  And springy.  I'm lovin' it.
For much better instruction, go here...she'll tell ya exactly how to make yours.  Don't be a fooL, go...now!

9 comments:

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

SO cute! I love it!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

love how your bag turned out! i have this project on my to do list too. i'm on the lookout for the perfect bag to make over! :)

britt said...

That is adorable! Do you think they would hold up on shirts? Send me an e-mail if you are interested in making some spring shirts. I think these flowers with rik-rak stems would be really cute!

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Did you attach the ruffle with a glue gun like Lindsey did? SUPER cute!

Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} said...

i am totally, completely, madly in love with this - i seriously gasped when i saw it (i hope other people do that too!) i am going to make one of these for REALS - thanks for the idea
By the way, i LOVE your blog - so cute - im going to come back later to go through all your archives :)

Sausha @ {show & tell}

demetgun3 said...

Great design and flowers!
I love your blog :)

Presley family said...

stop it right now!! That is way to cute!!!

the pleated poppy said...

oh. my. goodness! i am kinda freakin' out about how much more i love yours than my own! great job, and thanks for linking to me!

Jami said...

I am in love!